Saturday, November 23, 2013

"God has allowed this to touch your process"

After a rough 2 weeks, especially this last one with Thomas admitted to MUSC for several nights I was feeling pretty worn down. Really worn down actually:( Tired, emotionally exhausted from some other things going on in our life and then we got the call. Our agency just doesn't call to shoot the breeze. And when I answered the phone and knew it was Karla and Emily on a conference call I knew it wasn't good news. At this stage of the game I didn't really worry about paperwork but about Molly! Although the news wasn't good, wasn't good at all, at least it wasn't about another one of my babies being sick! Turns out that our article 5 process was flagged because the names didn't quit match up I have a hyphenated name on my passport and my licence but on everything else during the normal day to day living I just sign my usual name. Somehow we didn't realize it would be a huge deal and it turned out to be:( The bottom line is this "could" add 6 weeks. Which could be more with Chinese New Year. Which would not be early Jan late Dec but mid Feb!:( The morning had been emotionally rough , then a dr's appt for Thomas wasn't ideal ( still running a fever, no swimming for the rest of Nov at least, no school Monday if not better, this will be the 3rd week out etc..) then the call. As Karla prayed for us I just cried silent tears, streaming down my face, I'm so fragile right now, so worn down, so tired. Other times in the process we've not quit stayed on track losing a week of two, looking back I know now that God knew that Thomas would be so sick and we'd need to be here for him. I'm ok with that but 6 weeks and the thought that God knows something I don't know about the next weeks when we should be traveling honestly frightens me. We've believe whats going on with Thomas to be an attack on our family. We've stepped out in faith and proclaimed God's faithfulness through this whole process. God has been so faithful to us and things were going so well. After we hung up I called my officer and explained the situation. She was so kind and said once she got our supplement 3 she would do it right away and if I sent her an over nigh ted envelope she would over night it to our agency. We'll over night the supplement 3 to the lock box and then if she'll over night the new 800 approval we'll likely only lose 3 weeks not 6.. This weekend I will also get a medical expedite letter together for Molly. We had not needed this in the past and there is no guarantee that it will make a difference but we can try. The truth is that she is un repaired and needs to come home. If she is experiencing nerve damage, which is highly likely, then nerve damage is unrepairable. I'm looking for an MD to sign the letter for me which we'll send it to China to try to expedite the article 5 process and beyond. God whiling these 2 things will catch us back up where we need to be. I'm so thankful that God loves Molly so much and wants her to come home, I'm so thankful that he's on top of this even when I feel so weak. Thomas looks pretty good although he's pale and run a fever often right now. Stomach pain is minimal since we came home which is great. We're awaiting the 12  biopsies and other test results that will hopefully explain a little more. If it is HSP it can takes weeks to recover. Our Dr says it's a significant systemic illness and we just have to watch him, HSP or whatever it is. Please pray for us, pray for healing for Thomas, protection of the others and Tommy and I. And for the remainder of the process- that we could catch back up quickly and at this point have her home BEFORE Chinese New Year if not sooner. Throughout this whole process We have proclaimed God is able, I know he is..

No comments:

Post a Comment