Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A piece of my heart...

A piece of my heart is living outside of my body.. And not just outside of my body but across the world from our home.. Most days it's OK, we're busy and life just moves along. I treasure these days with Thomas, West and Hartley knowing all to well the reality of what lies ahead. The immense blessing but also the reality of the challenges that will come. I'm Christmas shopping, preparing a Thanksgiving menu, preparing for Trick or Treating and in my mind, and sometimes actions, beginning to pack..  I was pretty bummed last week when we were unable to get new pictures and video of Molly. I had hoped it would help me hold on this little bit longer. We did get some questions answered and although I'm super thankful for them they have made me long for her more, and be a little sad for her. I had tried really hard to get info on her foster sister.. Sadly we never got any and now she's been adopted. Sweet Molly has suffered another loss.. Although it's wonderful she's with her forever family Molly must wonder where she is..I had hoped to know where she had gone so I could keep them in touch.. no avail so far.:( We also learned that Molly was with her birth parents for nearly a year, then in a foster home, then the orphanage for a year and now this last foster family for the past year. Once with us that will be 5 major transitions in 2 1/2 years. I had honestly become a little relaxed about attachment disorders since she was with a foster family, hearing this has made me more alert and will have me working extra hard to bond with her. I'll do a big attachment post later and what that looks like for adopted kiddos but it means that Tommy and I have to be her main caregivers/comforters etc for a long while. What it looks like for each child is different, but I would guess a solid 6 months of just us meeting her needs, no gym nursery, babysitters etc. No one else can feed her, even if she wants food from you,you have to direct her back to us lovingly. I won't be a nervous Nelly about it. and honestly I've parented all my children like this to a certain extent. Kept them all close and still only leave them rarely. It's different for these kiddos though, caregivers have been interchangeable and she's been through a lot. She needs to know who her family is, mom, dad, 2 brothers, a sister.. I'm excited for Halloween tomorrow, West turns 6 in early November, we have swim meets coming up, then my sister is getting married, Thanksgiving, Christmas and we should be on a plane shortly there after! I know it will go fast and I don't want to rush it but my heart aches for our Molly.. To hold her, to hug her, to smell her, stroke her dark hair.. It's like a little switch has gone off and I'm ready to get off of this train..
 Paperwork wise we are waiting on our 800 approval. This approval gives us permission to bring Molly specifically into the country. Once we get that we move onto our GUZ and PDF then our article 5 process and then our TA, travel approval. After that we wait for our CA, consulate appointment and then we hop on a plane! We have some big news to share early next week regarding fundraising.. stay tuned! Right now we are praying in a few more grants to help us with our tickets specifically. God is faithful and I know his timing will be perfect for all of this here at the end.. We're coming sweet girl!!!!!
                                            Our visas heading off to get a Chinese stamp in them on top and our official LOA on the bottom from China!! Both say "extremely urgent.."

1 comment: